12/05/2005

Where's My Cushy Job?!

I want a job where I can do nothing, enforce my beliefs on others, and still get paid handsomely for it!!! Who knew you could get a degree in theology and practice as a medical doctor???

A state appeals court has ruled that two fertility doctors had the right to refuse to artificially inseminate a lesbian based on her marital status because it would have violated their religious beliefs.

Friday's ruling reversed a lower court decision that Drs. Christine Brody and Douglas Fenton could not use religion as a defense against a lawsuit filed by Guadalupe Benitez.

The panel found that the doctors were within their rights because they based their decision on Benitez's unmarried status and that discrimination based on marital status is not prohibited by state law.

Benitez, 33, sued the doctors and their small practice in Vista in 2001, claiming their actions violated California's anti-discrimination laws.

Benitez was eventually treated elsewhere and gave birth to a boy who is now 3 years old.

In her suit, Benitez claims that Brody told her in 1999 that her religious beliefs prevented her from helping a homosexual conceive a child by artificial insemination, but that other physicians at the practice would be able to help her.

The next year, Benitez said, she was told that both Brody and Fenton were unable to help her because they did not feel comfortable with her sexual orientation.


IMAGINE the possibilities, IF I was able to tell all these infertile hetero couples, SORRY!!! I don't like the fact that you're married and straight and all and trying to get pregnant so I don't think I'm going to help you. Boy, talk about being able to control the friggin' population!!! Better than trying to foster or adopt their unwanted kids! What a hassle that's been, plus I get paid for forcing my beliefs on them.

SWEET GIG!!!

3 Comments:

At 07:28, Blogger RedStateExile said...

Interesting Kitt! I didn't think of that one, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that anything in a plain brown wrapper wouldn't be delivered. Some would probably resort to opening it and breaking federal laws anyway. Considering there are no laws to protect gays, what's to stop them? If they can invade our bedrooms, why not our mailboxes?

Fascist pigs!

 
At 21:24, Blogger dorsano said...

WTF is going on?

It won't last - it is a bit odd to be living through it though I have to say.

Here's some good news, Callie - if you've blogged this already, I apologize - I've been busy the last few days and haven't really kept up.

 
At 07:15, Blogger RedStateExile said...

I haven't yet and thank you for sharing. It may not be "all the way" but it's a start. God knows, it's better than where we're at now. Too bad I have pets. It's hard to ship animals overseas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home