6/21/2005

The Problem

I recognized a problem today.

If you listen to the two political parties in our country, you have the Republicans living, breathing, and attacking on social issues and you have the Democrats getting in a tiz over Iraq, Bolton, and Darfur.

Basically, you have two political parties that have stopped giving a shit about Americans. The Republicans talk about freedom in foreign countries while cutting on personal freedoms at home. The Democrats say they are for the little man and the concerns of home, but they are focused on the Downing Street Memo and a UN nominee.

Neither party has stepped up to the plate lately to do anything about education, poverty, inequality, inadequate housing, inadequate healthcare, rising costs of living and lowering salaries (if any jobs at all).

The average person doesn't know who the hell Bolton is or where Darfur is AND THEY DON'T CARE!!!!

They want to have a good job that can feed their families! Start giving a shit about us, Dems, and you might find the tide turn on your luck!

5 Comments:

At 09:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Callie! It's Jerome from the DNC blog. How are you dear? Haven't heard from you in a while. Looks like you've been hard at work here. How's it going?

 
At 18:22, Blogger RedStateExile said...

Hey Jerome! Either you haven't been on much or we've been missing each other. I lurk the DNC blog quite often, but find I have less and less to share or that is a topic of common interest. If you can't tell from my previous posts on here, I'm frustrated.

I saw a recent post on the DNC blog that illustrates my frustration:
"Until a overhaul of the system takes place, we will have to live with DINOS. There may one day be the debate about Choice for instance, and on that day, we will see who the real Dems are. Apparently, it's OK to throw our GLBT friends under the bus, since there is little or no political repercussions. I hate it, but it is what it is."

Democrats should be better than this and for me to sit back and tolerate this would make me no better than the gay Republicans that throw away votes because they actually think having a warm body in a seat will make a difference.

Republicans will never give up their bed partners (i.e. the Religious Right), but it doesn't mean I have to become like them to find a spot at the table.

Well, I think I'll just post the rest of my thoughts on my blog. I'm ranting now, and not at you, Jerome. I'm just trying to get it out.

 
At 08:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog seems pretty focused, so I won't clog it up with a bunch of inane chatter. It seems by your posts that you are somewhat frustrated, so I just wanted to say that some of us definitely care about you. Not talking politically here, just person to person.

 
At 09:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last post was me again.

Jerome

 
At 18:36, Blogger RedStateExile said...

Thank Jerome. I know some folks care and my rants are directed at the so-called leaders and those who follow like lapdogs. It has nothing, in my heart, to do with those who are equally as frustrated. Yet, in a way, maybe it does. Only when good people stand up does change occur. Otherwise, we capitulate to the status quo, right?

BTW, feel free to post anything you like. I welcome the correspondence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home